As a level one Field Service Technician, this individual must be team-oriented and flexible, and actively seek to share information and assist his peers. Possesses solid communication skills, both oral and written. Demonstrates good electronic repair troubleshooting methodology and maintains at least an intermediate technical level of product knowledge. Ability to read and follow electrical/mechanical schematics to assist in isolating fault to root cause component/assembly. Cross trains on products serviced in the field and displays basic proficiency in servicing the Trace, X-Ray, CT X-Ray, and Cargo Inspection Systems product lines. Willingness to work on special projects, some of the high visibility, as assigned. Looks for common-mode problem occurrences and seeks to resolve, both independently and with the aid of others. Has a working knowledge of business PC applications (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint ) and able to effectively use them to provide clear, concise information summaries as needed.
Troubleshoots, services, installs (deploys), and repairs Trace, X-Ray, CT X-Ray, and Cargo Inspection equipment at customer sites. Maintains field service log and filing system to properly initiate, organize and maintain all field service and job files until work is completed Demonstrates initiative and dedication through the positive use of downtime and an overall willingness and eagerness to consistently exceed customer and company requirements. Conducts follow-up calls with the customer to ensure the satisfaction of work.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
- Installs, repairs and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
- Order, install, and return parts and manages repair parts cycle time
- Reviews all logs for open issues and prepares formal reports to customers as necessary.
- Participates in Service Sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- May participate in site surveys, pilot program service activities, attend meetings
- Possesses basic technical knowledge of the company’s Trace and X-Ray technologies.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication, both oral and written
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with senior-level FSE’s and Product Managers in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technology trends.
- Exercises every available measure to control and minimize costs.
- Travel, overtime, and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable CA export control and security regulations.
- Other duties as required.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in inequality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
At Smiths, we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are an FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity, and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create a competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge, and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170-year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
Smiths Detection is a global leader in threat detection and screening technologies for aviation, ports and borders, urban security, and defense. With more than 40 years of field-tested experience, we deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals, and narcotics. Every minute of every day our technology and our people make the world a safer place. Smiths Detection is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.
Smiths Detection is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check This Out: American Cruise Line Job Vacancies
If you have a disability and you believe you need reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail email@example.com or call toll-free 877-703-1029. This email and phone number are created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response. Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.