Location: Moose Jaw Southeast
Are you a self-starter always thinking of better ways to do things? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team focused on providing top-quality services to customers? If yes, please keep reading! As a member of Serco’s dynamic team, your expertise and collaborative skills will make a positive impact on our military defense and the safety of our soldiers.
15 Wing, headquartered in Moose Jaw, is the center of RCAF aircrew training and is comprised of 2 Canadian Forces Flying Training Schools (CFFTS) and 431 Air Demonstration Squadron (CF Snowbirds) both located in Moose Jaw, SK. The Wing is the principal site of the NATO Flying Training in Canada (NFTC). 15 Wing is responsible for three different aircraft platforms that include:
CT-156 Harvard II, CT-155 Hawk, CT-114 Tutor, and any visiting aircraft.
You will be part of a team that works closely with the military customer and other Serco teams to deliver quality and efficient VFR air traffic services to DND, at Canada’s Most Notorious Military Airport. The Serco team has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers for 4 years in a row and received the prestigious Atlantic Canadian Aerospace and Defence Association.
Industry Excellence Recognition Award for Gender and Diversity Excellence.
In this role you will have:
• An overall supervisory function for all AIS activities.
• Report to the Program Manager.
• Maintenance and care of the weather office area.
• Draft and maintain shift schedules for all AIS specialists.
• The day-to-day operation of the AIS office.
• Ensuring all AIS equipment maintenance records are accurate.
• Conduct Weather Observer Competency Assessment.
• Perform duties as CFWOS IS Security Officer (ISSO) (D Met Oc 4-2).
• Advise AIS staff of operational issues.
• Scheduling forecasted training of AIS specialists.
• Accurate LDR submissions for AIS specialists.
• Preparing the AIS consumable budget.
• Control all Serco equipment inventories held for AIS.
• Operate and manage within ISO procedures for Serco and AIS section.
• Operate and manage Serco Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) initiatives.
• Actively follow all Serco general administrative procedures.
• Prepare performance evaluations for AIS specialists.
• Follow applicable Serco financial and purchase procedures.
• 3 to 5 years of Airfield Information Services experience
• Formal training of Met Tech QL6A within the Canadian Forces or equivalent, Environment Canada Presentation Course for within Nav Canada.
• Formal training as a “Tactical Weather Specialist (TWS)” within the Canadian Forces or equivalent, Environment Canada Presentation Course for within Nav Canada.
• Must be able to obtain a reliability status security clearance
• Must possess training and experience in operating meteorological processing and display systems and all meteorological equipment
Serco has had a significant, stable presence in Canada for several decades – anchored in the defense space by our contract to provide comprehensive air navigation and base management services e Jaw, Saskatchewan. If you are interested in supporting and working with our military and a passionate Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world.
At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset – we listen, respect, and support them throughout their careers and invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit:
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email:
1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through ch firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please send us an email.
Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or…