Department: Rooms Division
Employment Type: Fixed-Term Contract
Location: Singapore – CS
Reporting To: Rooms Division Supervisor
Princess sails the world connecting guests to what matters most – their loved ones, destinations, and each other. We proudly deliver memorable cruise vacations to millions of guests each year, visiting all seven continents and hundreds of ports of call.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food, and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the well-being of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests, and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth, and worldwide travel opportunities.
• Consistently exceeds the Rooms Division-specific targets and other key result areas reducing friction points and avoiding negative surprises.
• Embraces and utilizes Princess MedallionClass products, services, and applications.
• Is accountable and takes ownership of consistent product delivery and correctly applies the Service Excellence philosophy.
• Responsible for guest satisfaction, and collaborates with other onboard teammates to provide an outstanding guest experience.
• Maintains the Company’s standard of housekeeping, sanitation, and maintenance in accordance with HESS protocols.
• Prepares and consistently maintains a clean and sanitized, welcoming, and personalized stateroom experience for our guests in accordance to brand standards.
• Owns their experience area and supports the development, implementation, and execution of initiatives in alignment with the Rooms Division leadership team.
• Anticipates and takes ownership of guest needs and requests. Takes ownership of maintenance issues and follows up for timely resolution.
• Actively learns and is knowledgeable to answer questions on product, policy, demographic, itinerary, and port information.
• Responsibly uses consumable items, staterooms supplies, linen, and cleaning chemicals avoiding unnecessary waste.
• Maintains assigned equipment clean and in good condition, avoiding misuse and unjustifiable wear and tear.
• Embraces an inclusive and diverse culture, instills our Shared Purpose, and CRUISE service essentials.
• Shares best practices and efficiencies with the Rooms Division leadership team and colleagues.
• Embraces Company updates and strategies to deliver on our guest experience commitment.
• Confidently performs General Emergency Procedures and duties with a sense of urgency as directed by HESS.
• Follows appropriate procedures for the correct handling and sorting of garbage, bio-hazardous, and sharps waste as indicated in the Stateroom Steward Training Manual.
• Collaborate with persons in charge to create a safe and compliant environment while fostering a commitment to Operation Oceans Alive.
• Complies with company expectations and standards, including HESS policies.
• Maintains current, accurate knowledge of Public health standards and ensures their ship is in continuous compliance with all hotel-related public health policies.
• Promptly helps coordinate onboard resources to respond to outbreak situations that necessitate increased sanitation levels.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
• Full understanding of Public Health and Environmental requirements relating to stateroom service.
• A command of the English language.
• Two years’ experience servicing rooms in a comparable establishment.
• Must successfully complete the Stateroom Steward Certification program.
Princess Cruises offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, double cabin accommodations, meals, exceptional amenities, and extensive learning and recreational programs available to all our teammates.
Regardless of rank or role, we are all one Princess team. Princess Cruises is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status